Facility Rentals at Strathearn Historical Park
The facility rentals at Strathearn Park are managed by Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District. The barn and grounds for events/receptions are available from February or March through the first weekends of October. The barn/grounds are not available outside of the rental season which is February through the first weekend of October. It is possible to rent the church building for a ceremony only (no reception, or event in the barn) outside of our ‘rental season.’ Dates are able to be reserved 18 months in advance of the event. We generally have only one event per weekend.
Available weekend 2020 dates include:
We will book 2021 dates eighteen months in advance of the event. Available weekend 2021 dates include:
February 20/21, 27/28
March 13/14, 20/21, 27/28
May 15/16, 22/23
June 5/6, 12/13, 19
AVAILABLE IN Jan. 2020: July 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, 31
AVAILABLE IN Feb. 2020: August 1, 7/8, 14/15, 21/22, 28,29
AVAILABLE IN Mar, 2020: September 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
AVAILABLE IN Apr. 2020: October 2/3, 9/10
***Some dates listed as available may be in the process of being booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that the listed dates are available.***
***CLEANING AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT:
A portion of the deposit, or the entire amount, may be withheld if necessary to cover damages, losses, excessive clean up, additional staff hours, facility costs, etc. All remaining deposit will be refunded by mail within three weeks after your event. If paid by credit card, the card may be credited.***
A conditional refundable cleaning and damage deposit of up to $500 will be added to each rental cost listed below.
CEREMONY ONLY- Outdoor ceremony at gazebo, Strathearn House lawn or inside church w/chairs only (No reception table set-up) - 3 hour permit: $717 (this can be as low as $445 if there is no alcohol)
RECEPTION OR EVENT IN BARN, OR OUTSIDE ON GROUNDS - Event only w/tables and chairs (No ceremony set-up) - 6 hour permit: $1,839.00, 8 hour permit: $2,255.00, 9 hour permit: $2,463.00, 10 hour permit: $2,671.00
CEREMONY IN GAZEBO, ON STRATHEARN HOUSE LAWN, OR CHURCH, WITH RECEPTION OUTSIDE ON GROUNDS OR INSIDE BARN -Both ceremony set-up and reception set-up - 8 hour permit: $2,964.00, 9 hour permit: $3,172.00, 10 hour permit: $3,380.00
ALL PRICES INCLUDE: Tables and chairs, set up and tear down of tables and chairs, Park Staff, and one Park Ranger/Security Personnel. Additional staff or rangers/security may be required, depending on the nature of the event, with the cost added to the permit. Linens, décor, servingware, etc., are not provided. Park Staff is not a day-of coordinator or wedding planner.
RESERVATIONS: Reservation periods are consecutive hours between 9:00 AM through 10:00 PM (11 PM with certain conditions) on weekends, and other days, as available. All rentals (including clean-up) will end no later than 11pm. All event preparation, decorating, and clean up must be completed during the reservation periods. For example: An eight hour permit allows eight hours for decorating, caterer set-up, event time, removal of all decorations and personal items and clean-up after event.
A 25% deposit on the total fees (including the damage and cleaning deposit) is required when the facility reservation application is accepted. 50% of the total fees is due six months before the event (another payment equal to the deposit is due 6 months before the event). The balance on Strathearn Park rentals is due at least 45 days prior to the event.
INSURANCE: When alcohol will be provided at an event, evidence of appropriate Liability Insurance Coverage and an Additional Insured Endorsement is required for District facility reservations. Insurance may be provided by the permit holder, or purchased through Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District at an additional fee. A certificate of insurance is required from caterers for all events.
CANCELLATION: The cancellation fee schedule is as follows: More than 6 months prior to the event = 25% of TOTAL (not the deposit) reservation fees are retained, 6 months -30 days prior to the event = 50% of reservation fees are retained, fewer than 30 days prior to the event = 75% of reservation fees are retained.
Fees are subject to change without notice. All fees listed are approximate.
To answer some common questions:
- We are a do-it-yourself venue. The fees listed above include the venue, tables, chairs, and the the set up of the tables and chairs only. Everything else (decor, set-up, clean-up, all vendors) is up to you!
- The capacity of the gazebo area or barn is 180 The capacity for the church is 70.
- Additional hours may be purchased for $208 an hour. All rentals (including clean-up) will end no later than 11pm.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of your party, whoever is assisting you, or whoever you hire. It is recommended that the last hour of your rental is set aside for clean up.
- None of our structures are air-conditioned, including our barn.
- Alcohol is permitted, providing the proper insurance is in place. This insurance may possibly be obtained through your homeowner’s policy OR you may purchase a policy through Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District, with the cost added to your rental fees. Bartenders are required under some circumstances.
- If alcohol is SOLD at an event, an ABC Permit is required and an additional $160 fee will apply.
- We do have restrooms on-site.
- There is an $34 to have a bounce-house at an event, and the vendor must be selected from the approved RSRPD list: http://cms4.revize.com/revize/ranchosimi/Moonbouncelistrules110618.pdf
- We do have a modest ‘bride’s room,’ or accommodations for some of the wedding party to dress. It is not air-conditioned
- We do not have kitchen facilities; the caterers need to be self-contained.
- Any caterer may be used (including food trucks), as long as they are licensed and have the proper insurance.
-The park is open to the public on weekends from 1-4pm and Monday-Friday from 9-3pm. The park does not close early due to facility rentals.
-No candles, sparklers, fire pits or open flame is allowed onsite, with the exception of equipment used by licensed caterers.
-No Mechanical bulls, dunk tanks, rock climbing walls or other 'high intensity' attractions permitted at rentals.
- Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card, debit card, cashiers check or money order, payable to Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District.
The property is shown by appointment Monday-Friday from 9-3 and evenings/weekends as necessary. Please email email@example.com (preferred) or call 805.526.6453 to make an appointment, or with any questions.