Facility Rentals at Strathearn Historical Park
The facility rentals at Strathearn Park are managed by Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District. The barn and grounds for events/receptions are available from February or March through the first weekends of October. The barn/grounds are not available outside of the rental season which is February through the first weekend of October. It is possible to rent the church building for a ceremony only (no reception, or event in the barn) outside of our ‘rental season.’ Dates are able to be reserved 18 months in advance of the event. We generally have only one event per weekend.
We will book facility rental dates up to eighteen (18) months in advance.
Available weekends 2022 - dates include:
August - 6/7, 20/21, 27/28
October - 8/9
Available weekends 2023 - dates include:
February - 18/19, 25/26
March - 11/12, 25/26
April - 8/9
June - 17/18, 24/25
July - 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30
August - 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30
September - 9/10, 23/24, 30/1
October - 7/8, 14/15
***Some dates listed as available may be in the process of being booked. Please email Jeannie@rsrpd.us to confirm that the listed dates are available.***
Strathearn Rental Applications and other Useful Documents
Strathearn Rental Application:
Strathearn Sample Set-up Schematics
- Blank Barn Schematic
- Additional Schematics Coming Soon!
We are a do-it-yourself venue. To answer some common questions, see below.
The rental fees listed include:
- Tables and chairs
- Set-up and teardown of tables and chairs only
- On-site venue coordinator to oversee the event and safety, cleanliness, enforce policies and act as a property resource. Please note this is not a wedding coordinator.
- Security (only when alcohol is present)
- A modest ‘bride’s room’, or accommodations for some of the wedding party to dress. (Not air-conditioned)
- A one-hour rehearsal or set-up the day prior to your event
- Indoor - standard and handicap restrooms
- VIP portable restrooms
- Trash cans and liners
- Onsite parking for up to 46 vehicles, with 2 additional for handicap (Additional parking available on cul-de-sac adjacent to parking lot)
Not included in your rental:
- Wedding planning and coordinating
- Decorations, stage, dance floor, or sound system
- Linens, Dinnerware, Serving ware, Etc.
- After event cleanup
- Air-conditioning (None of our structures have air-conditioning, including the barn)
- Candles or sparklers
- Confetti, poppers, loose streamers, etc.
- Fire pits
- Anything with an open flame, with the exception of equipment used by licensed and approved caterers.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted inside or near the barn or other structures. An outside smoking/vaping will be provided during rental period only.
- Recreational use of cannabis, in any form, is prohibited
- No rice, birdseed, confetti, streamer, or loose glitter allowed
- No tape, glue, staples, nails or tacks are to be affixed to any structure, or painted, finished, or wood surface.
- Nothing may be anchored or staked into the ground. No holes may be dug.
- Mechanical bulls
- Dunk tanks
- Rock climbing or other ‘high intensity’ attractions
- The park is open to the public on weekends from 1-4 pm and Monday-Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. The park does not close early due to facility rentals
- Set-up may begin at the beginning of the rental period
- There is a six-hour minimum for events/receptions (no ceremony)
- There is an eight-hour minimum for an event that includes a ceremony and reception
- Additional hours are available for purchase the day prior, or the day of, depending on availability
- The Gazebo or Strathearn lawn capacity is 220. The barn capacity is 180. Church capacity is 70
- The decibel level is restricted to a maximum of 65 decibels at the property line/wall behind the barn. Music must be discontinued no later than 10 pm
- Events must conclude and all participants must exit the park no later than 11 pm
- Alcohol is permitted if included in your rental, and providing the proper insurance is in place. This insurance may possibly be obtained through your homeowner’s policy OR you may purchase a policy through Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District, with the costs added to your rental fees. Bartenders are required under certain circumstances.
- The selling of alcohol requires an ABC Permit and an additional fee.
- The number of vehicles onsite will be limited to three (3)
- Dogs are allowed, outside on the park grounds. They must be on a leash and cleaned up after. Park rules apply
- Animals are not permitted inside any of the buildings.
- There is a $34 fee to have a bounce-house at an event, and the vendor must be selected from the approved RSRPD list
- Upon acceptance of an application, there will be a 25% deposit due to hold your date. An additional 25% is due six-months before your event. The balance (remaining 50%) must be paid in full 45 days prior to your event.
- Cancellation Fee Schedule:
- If event is cancelled more than 6 months prior to the event 25% of the TOTAL facility rental fees will be retained.
- If event is cancelled 6 months-45 days prior to the event 50% of the TOTAL facility rental fees will be retained.
- If event cancelled fewer than 30 days prior to the event 100% of the TOTAL facility rental fees will be retained.
We do not require vendors to be pre-approved, with some exceptions. See below
- Caterers need to be self-contained. We do not have kitchen facilities
- Caterers must have a current license and have the proper insurance submitted 45 days prior to your event
- Food trucks must be on the approved MFF listing for Ventura County
- Certified bartenders may be required
- Bounce-house vendors must be on the approved RSRPD listing
- Outside rentals must be approved and coordinated with Strathearn personnel
- Live music must be listed on permit
- Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card, debit card, cashiers check or money order, payable to Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District.
The property is shown by appointment Monday-Friday from 9-3 and evenings/weekends as necessary. Please email Jeannie@rsrpd.us (preferred) or call 805.526.6453 to make an appointment, or with any questions.