RSRPD offers the following safety trainings. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional classes are available through the American Red Cross. To find a class near you, visit www.redcross.org/take-a-class.
ADULT AND PEDIATRIC FIRST AID/CPR/AED-BLENDED LEARNING (AMERICAN RED CROSS)
The 2021 American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED blended learning course equips students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid breathing and cardiac emergencies involving adults children and infants. It is designed for students who need a certification that satisfies OSHA workplace or other regulatory requirements. This class is taught in a blended learning format and the online portion (accessed via mobile desktop or tablet) must be completed prior to attending the Instructor-led skills session. Upon successful completion a valid 2 year digital certificate for Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED is issued.
All classes taught at Rancho Pool -- 1765 Royal Avenue, Simi Valley, 93065
LIFEGUARD TRAINING (AMERICAN RED CROSS)
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Upon successful completion of the Lifeguarding course, you will receive
a Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification, which is valid for two years and accepted nationwide. The Blended Learning course format includes 7 hours online and 20 hours in person. The online portion must be completed prior to the first day of in person class.
1. Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
▪ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
▪ Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
▪ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
▪ Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
MARCH CLASS: $225
|Monday||10:00 a - 5:00 p||3/25/24|
|Tuesday||10:00 a - 5:00 p||3/26/24|
|Wednesday||10:00 a - 5:00 p||3/27/24|
|Thursday||10:00 a - 5:00 p||3/28/24|
APRIL CLASS: $225
|Friday||3:30 - 8:30 p||4/26/24|
|Saturday||9:00 a - 5:00 p||4/27/24|
|Sunday||9:00 a - 5:00 p||4/28/24|
MAY CLASS: $225
|Friday||3:30 - 8:30 p||5/17/24|
|Saturday||9:00 a - 5:00 p||5/18/24|
|Sunday||9:00 a - 5:00 p||5/19/24|