Facility Rentals at Strathearn Historical Park
Sorry, there currently no available dates in 2018.
We are booking 2019 dates eighteen months in advance of the event. There are 2019 dates available between March 30th through September 28th. Available dates in 2019 include:
March 29, 30, 31
April 5, 6, 7
May 10, 11, 24, 25, 26
All weekends in June EXCEPT the first weekend
All weekends in July EXCEPT the second weekend
All weekends in August
All weekends in September EXCEPT the first weekend
FOLLOWING ARE THE RENTAL FEES: ***
***CLEANING AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A conditional refundable cleaning and damage deposit of up to $500 will be added to each rental cost listed below. A portion of the deposit, or the entire amount, may be withheld if necessary to cover damages, losses, excessive clean up, additional staff hours, facility costs, etc. All remaining deposit will be refunded by mail within three weeks after your event. If paid by credit card, the card may be credited.***
CEREMONY ONLY- Outdoor ceremony at gazebo, Strathearn House lawn or inside church w/chairs only (No reception table set-up) - 3 hour permit: $708 (this can be as low as $439 if there is no alcohol)
RECEPTION OR EVENT IN BARN, OR OUTSIDE ON GROUNDS - Event only w/tables and chairs (No ceremony set-up) - 6 hour permit: $1,827.00, 8 hour permit: $2,239.00, 9 hour permit: $2,445.00, 10 hour permit: $2,651.00
CEREMONY IN GAZEBO, ON STRATHEARN HOUSE LAWN, OR CHURCH, WITH RECEPTION OUTSIDE ON GROUNDS OR INSIDE BARN -Both ceremony set-up and reception set-up - 8 hour permit: $2,945.00, 9 hour permit: $3,151.00, 10 hour permit: $3,357.00
ALL PRICES INCLUDE: Tables and chairs, set up and tear down of tables and chairs, Park Staff, and one Park Ranger/Security Personnel. Additional staff or rangers/security may be required, depending on the nature of the event, with the cost added to the permit. Linens, décor, servingware, etc., are not provided. Park Staff is not a day-of coordinator or wedding planner.
RESERVATIONS: Reservation periods are consecutive hours between 9:00 AM through 10:00 PM (11 PM with certain conditions) on weekends, and other days, as available. All rentals (including clean-up) will end no later than 11pm. All event preparation, decorating, and clean up must be completed during the reservation periods. For example: An eight hour permit allows eight hours for decorating, caterer set-up, event time, removal of all decorations and personal items and clean-up after event.
A 25% deposit on the total fees (including the damage and cleaning deposit) is required when the facility reservation application is accepted. 50% of the total fees is due six months before the event (another payment equal to the deposit is due 6 months before the event). The balance on Strathearn Park rentals is due at least 45 days prior to the event.
INSURANCE: When alcohol will be provided at an event, evidence of appropriate Liability Insurance Coverage and an Additional Insured Endorsement is required for District facility reservations. Insurance may be provided by the permit holder, or purchased through Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District at an additional fee. A certificate of insurance is required from caterers for all events.
CANCELLATION: The cancellation fee schedule is as follows: More than 6 months prior to the event = 25% of TOTAL (not the deposit) reservation fees are retained, 6 months -30 days prior to the event = 50% of reservation fees are retained, fewer than 30 days prior to the event = 75% of reservation fees are retained.
Fees are subject to change without notice. All fees listed are approximate.
To answer some common questions:
- The capacity of the gazebo area or barn is 200 The capacity for the church is 70.
- Additional hours may be purchased for $200 an hour. All rentals (including clean-up) will end no later than 11pm.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of your party, whoever is assisting you, or whoever you hire. It is recommended that the last hour of your rental is set aside for clean up.
- None of our structures are air-conditioned, including our barn.
- Alcohol is permitted, providing the proper insurance is in place. This insurance may possibly be obtained through your homeowner’s policy OR you may purchase a policy through Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District, with the cost added to your rental fees. Licensed bartenders are required under some circumstances.
- We do have restrooms on-site.
- We do have a modest ‘bride’s room,’ or accommodations for some of the wedding party to dress. It is not air-conditioned
- We do not have kitchen facilities; the caterers need to be self-contained.
- Any caterer may be used (including food trucks), as long as they are licensed and have the proper insurance.
-The park is open to the public on weekends from 1-4 and Monday-Friday from 9-3. The park does not close early due to facility rentals.
-No candles, sparklers, fire pits or open flame is allowed onsite, with the exception of equipment used by licensed caterers.
- Payment may be made in cash, check, credit card, debit card, cashiers check or money order, payable to Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District.
The property is shown by appointment Monday-Friday from 9-3 and evenings/weekends as necessary. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call 805.526.6453 to make an appointment, or with any questions.