World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” - ended when an Armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars."
The important purpose of Veterans Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at our 2017 Veterans Celebration
And Thanks to Green Acres for catering an amazing lunch!
Please watch for more information to be posted for our 2018 celebration!
Event Provided by:
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Simi Valley Post #10049
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter #55 of Simi Valley
- Marine Corps League of President Ronald Reagan Detachment #597
- American Legion Post #484
- Simi Valley Woman's Club
- Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District